Top Musical Parodies number 6 - Team Unicorn/Nerdist all about that base

This repeat post was put up on New Years' day when it appeared that my post the previous day for my  list of top musical parodies had somehow disappeared. 

The first version of this post is now up again, but there are a few bits of extra information in this second one, so I have decided to leave both versions up, replacing the original opening paragraphs explaining why it was a day late with this opening explaining the double listing.

There are a very large number of parodies with a Star Wars theme, which range from the astonishingly good to the embarrassingly bad - although the ideas which inspired some of the latter were often worthy of better execution.

The better Star Wars musical parodies include this version of "Let it go" from Frozen, and parody music videos include "I think I'm a clone now," featuring a Weird Al song written before "Attack of the clones" came out, as a parody of "I think we're alone now"  but which has been associated with the Clone Wars ever since. 

Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" has been a gold mine for writers of parodies from the Eric Cantona version which replaced "Mama, I killed a man," with "Maman, I kicked a fan ..." to the pandemic, with many COVID-19 versions of the Rhapsody such as this one

 More than one of the best Star Wars musical parodies have been have been adaptations of the "Bohemian Rhapsody" - for example this one replaces 
"Scaramouche, Scaramouche, can you do the Fandango?" with 
"Boba Fett, Boba Fett, was your father's name Jango?

and changes "Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me
to "Lord Palpatine has a dark suit put aside for me.

And this one replaced "Mama, I killed a man!" with Darth Vader and Jango Fett singing 

"Jabba, just captured Han!"
 
All the above deserve honourable mentions, but the one which takes place number six on my list is "All About that base" performed by Team Unicorn and produced by Nerdist, which is a parody of Meghan Trainor's "All about that bass.

If you watch this you will never again see the original the same way ...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020