HAPPY NEW YEAR 2021

 May I wish everyone reading this a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year 2021.

A word on the cards and messages I have been sending out over this holiday sason.

This year I sent out a mix of physical and e-card Christmas cards on the basis that there were people to whom I wished to send Christmas greetings for whom I had a postal address and no email address and others for whom the position was vice versa.

I note that so far just under 50% of my Christmas e-cards have been viewed, which is certainly enough that it was worth sending them. However, it appears that I may have a number of date email addresses and it may also mean that others may have thought that the genuine e-cards I was sending were SPAM. Goodness only knows I receive enough malicious and harmful email which is "spoofed" to look like it comes from people I know (but doesn't) that I can understand people not opening genuine messages for fear that it may be unsolicited marketing or worse, virus-infected.

If you and I have exchanged emails recently and you get a Jacqui Lawson Christmas card or New Year's card from me it is very likely to be genuine, and the website which sends them certifies them as virus-free.  I have just sent out my new year's e-cards by email, and I also posted a New Year card on my personal Facebook page. For the benefit of anyone who might both open the email and look at my Facebook page, I used two different cards in the email and the Facebook post.

Repeating the hope that everyone who sees this or gets any of these messages a happy and healthy COVID-free New Year 2021.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020