The morning after

It is still difficult to come to terms with yesterday's terrible events.

This morning on my way to work I passed the Morrison's car park where one of the shooting incidents took place and the scene looked completely normal. A few minutes later I crossed Duke Street, just around the corner from my office and a hundred yards or so from the first public shooting, and the only sign of anything unusual was the flowers at the taxi rank. The lady at the shop where I bought a paper and some milk had heard the shots but assumed it was a car crash.

Copeland is a very low crime area and it will take people some times to come to terms with what has happened. But it is all too real for those who were injured and the families of those who died.

We continue to remember them in our prayers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020