Valedictory message from the retiring Chairman of the National Conservative Convention

Emma Pidding has written the message below to fellow Conservative activists as she finishes her three-year term as Chairman of the National Conservative Convention on Saturday.

This is the most important position available to a Conservative volunteer. Effectively Emma has been the senior "shop steward" for Conservative activists.

There are two excellent candidates to succeed her and we will find out who has won on Saturday afternoon.

Emma's valedictory message is as follows:

 
"Dear Colleague,
 
On Saturday I complete my term of office as Chairman of the National Convention. It has been a real privilege to serve in this capacity for the last 3 years. I am enormously grateful to you, fellow volunteers, for allowing me to lead our fantastic voluntary team.
 
I am proud of what we have achieved during this time, most especially in helping deliver a Conservative Majority Government. On my travels throughout the United Kingdom, I have witnessed first-hand the incredible dedication that our members give to our Party – day in day out, come rain or shine. You have been brilliant.
 
On a very personal level, thank you too for your friendship & support.
 
I hope to see many of you at the Annual Meeting of the National Convention on Saturday morning. However, if you are not able to join us, I shall hope to catch up with you at the Party Conference (or maybe somewhere on the campaign trail before then!).
 
Thank you again.
 
With very best wishes,
 
Emma"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020