Swimathon - the big day arrives

The big day for Swimathon 2013 in Whitehaven has now arrived and at the time this post is scheduled to appear  my son John and myself will be taking part at Copeland pool in Hensingham.


Another huge thank-you to all those who have already sponsored myself, my son, or both, for Swimathon 2013 in which we are raising money for Marie Curie cancer care.

As I have mentioned on earlier posts, this is a big event for me in two ways: the twentieth consecutive year I have taken part myself, which means I will have swum a hundred kilometers for charity in successive Swimathons if I finish the course, and the first year my son John is taking part.

Wish us both luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020