Meadow Road and Derwentwater Road

Following on from the posts written here from New Year's Eve onwards about potholes in the Mirehouse West part of my county division, I have continued to chase for a date for action and there has been some progress today.

Residents of Derwentwater Road should have received a letter today advising them that the potholes in that road will be filled and then sealed starting on Monday (15th January) and continuing for a few days over the coming week.

Meadow Road is also on the list of roads awaiting urgent attention and because it is both a main bus route and the main spine road for the Western half of Mirehouse as well as being in nearly as bad a condition as Derwentwater Road it is,  I am advised.  now number one on the priority list of road surfaces needing attention in Copeland.  There will be a proposal to rebuild the road in the coming year's budget, although I have been warned not to underestimate the challenge given the construction of the road. There will be a report to the next Highways Working Group the week after next.

If there is anyone else in my division thinking "What about my road?" please drop me a line and I will try make sure it is also on the list.

Comments

Jim said…
Its good to see that you are making progress on this one, well done Chris.

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020