HAVE YOUR SAY ABOUT HEALTH PROPOSALS
There is an open day next Monday (8th October) in Whitehaven Civic Hall, between 2pm and 8pm, where people can learn more about future health service plans.
This is an opportunity to find out about the "Closer To Home" document which is finally out for public consultation.The Whitehaven event is the first open day of a series being held around the county. Other events being held in Copeland are:
* October 31, Egremont Town Council, 3pm-6pm;
* November 7, Millom Network Centre, 4pm-7pm;
* November 16, Gosforth Village Hall, 4pm-7pm.
It is expected that there will be a range of doctors and senior staff from the Primary Care Trust (PCT) available to answer questions and concerns.
The consultation runs until 4th January 2008, and other ways to get involved include
* visit the consultation website online at www.closertohome.cumbriapct.nhs.uk
* telephone the hotline number 0844 7280107.
A response form is included with the document. The last date to return it is 4th January 2008, and it should be sent to the following address:
Closer To Home, Cumbria Primary Care Trust, Penrith Community Hospital, Bridge Lane, Penrith CA11 8HX.
More information about the consultation is also available on the Whitehaven News website at