Challenger II Main Battle Tank 1, Toyota hatchback nil

Turning out into traffic without looking is never a brilliant idea. It is a particularly bad one when you are turning in front of a column of military vehicles led by a Challenger II ...

http://news.sky.com/story/1494560/british-tank-flattens-learner-drivers-car

Fortunately and amazingly the teenage German learner driver who did this wasn't hurt, which is why one can make jokes about this without it being in bad taste. If the truth were known most of us did, of course, make stupid mistakes behind the wheel when learning to drive so it is as well to remind oneself that "There, but for the grace of God, go I" ...

As someone pointed out when my fellow 2014 Euro candidate Dan Hamilton shared this, I love the line in the Sky News article which says "There was no damage to the tank."

Comments

Jim said…
I have had a few close calls recently, people just pulling out in front of me. for the first time in a few years I had to do a full on emergency stop for that reason.

I have looked for years and years and I can not find it, but its clear to everyone else. There is a sign on the front of my car that reads "Please pull out at the last second right in front of me and then take forever to get up to speed", just i have never managed to find it or remove it.

Im thinking the answer lies in part exchanging my Honda Accord for a Challenger II Main Battle Tank. :)
Chris Whiteside said…
Well, if nothing else, that would mean that if people keep pulling out in front of you there should be no risk of injury or damage to yourself or your vehicle.

I wonder where one can buy a Challenger II? Unfortunately none of the dealerships in Cumbria seem to stock them ...
Jim said…
I asked at Stan Palmer but sadly they are not planning on releasing a "15 Plate" version :)

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020