Swimathon 2023

I did manage to complete the Swimathon 2023 challenge - 5,000 metres, which this year meant 200 lengths of The Edge pool in Leeds - in a time of two hours and seven minutes. Here are my Swimathon 2023 cap and medal.

Both I and all the other thousands of swimmers who took part around the UK were doing this to raise money for Cancer Research UK and Marie Curie Cancer care.



I am hugely grateful to all the generous souls who have so far supported these two great causes by sponsoring me, and have so far given £210 to help people suffering from cancer, and which will be boosted by £32.50 in Gift Aid.



If anyone else would like to sponsor these great causes they can do so at my Justgiving page by clicking on the link below:

Christopher Whiteside is fundraising for Cancer Research UK, Marie Curie & The Swimathon Foundation (justgiving.com)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020