Go back to your constituencies and prepare for gardening ...

After trying to catch up on work for much of the past week, today I tackled my garden for the first time in four months.

Having spent almost every spare moment from February to the day after the General Election on electioneering (not that I wasn't spending a fair amount of time before that!) my garden was beginning to show signs of developing into something remarkably like an Amazonian rain forest!

Amazing how quickly the power of nature can turn a tidy lawn into a jungle. Fortunately the lawnmover was still operational and I just about caught the situation before we would have had to send for Indiana Jones. (Understand the Daily Mail has tracked down the "Ed Stone" so Indy will no longer need to go on a search for the missing Labour pledge stone.")

Comments

Jim said…
You should see my garden, its a total tip. When you buy a new build they only lay the front lawn for you. They only do that as it helps them sell the others. They charge a fortune to do the back garden for you, and when they do they don't do it properly. All but one of the people who did have the build firm do it, have since had it redone. By someone else. I just had the standard "top soiled and leveled" option.

Well so far from the "topsoil" which is in reality 80% rocks and 10% sand, so far I have removed Hadrians Wall, and been mixing in some 1 tonne bags of actual top soil.

the leveling of it, well, lets just say a scaled ground map of the Lake district, is not exactly my idea of "Level".

I will get there in the end but its taken me a year to get this far :)

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020