Quote of the day 5th January 2022

“I didn’t get the vaccine, I thought I was being the hero.”

“please get your vaccinations” 

 “You don’t want to end up like me.”

“When you’re dead and all your family are heartbroken you can’t turn around and say ‘I wish I had the vaccine’. This is very real and people need to get their jabs.”

(Andrew Pugh, who previously refused the COVID-19 vaccination, speaking from his hospital bed after catching the Coronavirus and being so ill that his family were told he had a 50:50 chance of survival. 

Fortuately he has made some progress and moved from ICU onto a ward, but he remains on oxygen as he continues to recover from long Covid. He added 

“If it wasn’t for the nurses and the fact I’m a non-smoker I wouldn’t be alive - they saved my life. I want to say thank you to the staff in the ICU for giving me my second chance, it has been hard and it still is.”


The latest data from the Intensive Care National Audit and Research Centre showed that 61 per cent of patients admitted to critical care in December with Covid were unvaccinated.

The proportion of unvaccinated patients in intensive care varied by region, with the highest rates - 66 per cent - recorded in London, the south west and the north west.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020