Saturday, November 10, 2007

Digital Switchover: Who will pay for multiple visits?

I have referred below to the problem with some set-top boxes in Copeland.

One of the many good points made to me by the local trade is that they have had to make more than one visit to a large number of households as the set-top boxes re-set themselves and looked for the wrong channels.

The government's help scheme for elderly and disabled residents includes support for one set-top box on the viewer's main TV.

I have been asked whether the help scheme will pay for multiple call out charges if an elderly or disabled resident has to call the engineers out more than once. I presume the answer is yes: it would be extremely unfair if that were not the case. I will check the point and post the answer here on Monday.

No comments: