Geoff Goodman R.I.P.

My friend Geoff Goodman, who I knew through my old school, passed away yesterday afternoon after a short illness.

Most of the people who read this blog will not have heard of Geoff, but those from all over the world who were lucky enough to meet him will remember him.

Geoff was not a young man but until his final illness suddenly struck just eight weeks ago he had the vigour and energy of someone two decades younger. He had one of the most wicked and unforgettable senses of humour of anyone I ever met and he was one of those who perfectly fit the expression "larger than life character."

I am stunned that someone who was still so alive when I last met him can have been brought down so quickly.

My condolences to his widow, Lesley, and daughters Julia and Caroline.

Rest in Peace

Comments

James Pepe said…
Nicely worded piece, Chris. Geoff was indeed full of vigour and energy with a great sense of humour. He will be greatly missed.

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020