Toning it down a bit

Anyone who was following my blog very closely today may have noticed that in the previous post, quoting Stephen Daisley and arguing for a new electtion, I initially included an image which quoted directly the words which Oliver Cromwell used when dismissing the Rump Parliament, but have now removed it, leaving only an indirect reference.

I decided to take my own advice in relation to all the accusations which have been flying around over the past 24 hours in every imaginable direction about the use of inflammatory language.

As I wrote on Twitter earlier today:

"Huge proportion of my news input and twitter feed is people calling out extreme and inflammatory language from their opponents, sometimes in extreme and inflammatory language.

Would it not be a good idea if Brexiteers, Remainers, right left and centre ALL toned it down a bit?" 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020