"SUPPORT OPTION ONE" will be my "Carthago Delenda Est"


The ancient Roman statesman Cato the Elder felt so strongly that Carthage must be destroyed that he ended every speech he made in the Roman senate, regardless of the subject, with words to that effect, sometimes quoted as "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam" (Moreover, I consider that Carthage should be destroyed.) but most often as "Cathago Delenda Est."

I feel equally strongly that we must make sure the NHS Trusts adopt the preferred option for maternity services in Cumbria and keep consultant-led maternity services at West Cumberland Hospital.

If we want to keep West Cumbria viable it is vital that all residents make the NHS trusts aware they have to run with this option, which is called option one.

That's why from now on until that option is agreed and confirmed, with all the necessary support to make it work, when I write and article on my blog or on Facebook, when I write a campaign leaflet, I will finish with these words: SUPPORT OPTION ONE!

Comments

Jim said…
I have had one of those for a while, though it does not appear on every comment/observation i make, its very often there. It is of course

"and that is why we need Harrogate"
Chris Whiteside said…
Yes, I noticed you often use that.

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020