Thank God that's done: House of Lords passes EU Withdrawal Bill

I make no secret that, after a lot of agonising, I voted Remain. If I were sent back in time to the day I filled out my postal ballot in the referendum knowing what I know now, I would certainly do so again.

But the majority of those who cast a vote ticked the "Leave" box and if democracy is to mean anything at all, that means Britain has to cease to be a member state of the EU.

The EU withdrawal bill is not perfect, there are problems still to solve, the negotiations are very far from done yet, but thank God the arguments in parliament over this bill are completed and we can finish the negotiations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020