Quote of the day 4th August 2018

Although Bill Murray has a point in this amusing quote ...

Being serious, I don't think that's the best way to express the argument.

I would rather suggest that it completely impossible to win an argument with anyone, smart in other respects or stupid, who has such a strong case of confirmation bias that they are completely incapable of taking on board evidence which supports a view that they don't want to believe.

Contrary to my normal practice, I am not allowing comments on this thread because if I did some twit would use the comment facility to accuse other people of being stupid, thereby proving that he or she is the stupid one and adding nothing to the argument. But I will put up another post on which I do allow comments, about confirmation bias.

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020