Drop-In public consultation session on North Shore, Whitehaven plans at Tescos this afternoon
- introduction of traffic light controls on Bransty Row/North Shore Road junction
- improved pedestrian crossing points and links between the harbour, the new developments and the town centre's historic core
- enhancement of the road junction at Tangier Street/George Street to improve traffic flow and facilitate development
- relocation of southbound bus stop on Bransty Row and northbound bus stop to Tangier Street relocation and tripling of provision for taxis to reflect forecast increased footfall in the area
- reduction of the speed limit from 30mph to 20mph on a section of Bransty Row
- public realm improvements to enhance the gateway into Whitehaven.