More details of the North Shore proposed improvements in Whitehaven
the first of two drop-in session is open now (afternoon of Tuesday 10th April 2018) at Wetherspoons Bransty Arch, 5 Bransty Row, Whitehaven, CA28 7XEuntil 6pm today.
The second session will be held on Monday 23rd April, from 3pm-7pm at the Tesco Superstore, Bransty Row, Whitehaven, CA28 7XY.
The proposed scheme includes:
- introduction of traffic light controls on Bransty Row/North Shore Road junction
- improved pedestrian crossing points and links between the harbour, the new developments and the town centre's historic core
- enhancement of the road junction at Tangier Street/George Street to improve traffic flow and facilitate development
- relocation of southbound bus stop on Bransty Row and northbound bus stop to Tangier Street relocation and tripling of provision for taxis to reflect forecast increased footfall in the area
- reduction of the speed limit from 30mph to 20mph on a section of Bransty Row
- public realm improvements to enhance the gateway into Whitehaven.
Local residents and anyone with an interest in the proposals are invited to have their say and discuss the scheme with Cumbria County Council.