In his first speech as the new Health and Social Care Secretary, Matt Hancock set out his three early priorities
- technology, the health and care workforce and prevention
- to support the long term plan for the NHS, and
- to transform health and social care.
- £412 million will be spent on improving patient care, allowing more patients to be cared for at home, and ensuring every pound goes further.
- The remaining £75 million will be made available to hospital trusts to put in place state-of-the-art electronic systems.
Our long term plan for the NHS will aim to make it the most advanced health system in the world
- one where technology addresses the user's needs
- making care better for patients, but just as importantly making life easier for staff.