Quote of the day 25th July 2018

"Complacently, I had always assumed that what happened to my parents couldn’t happen to me or my children. There were too many liberal, progressive people who wouldn’t allow it. 
  I no longer believe this with the same confidence. (I found it really painful to write those words. I deleted the last sentence twice. But I left it in because, sadly, it’s true.)" 

(Lord Danny Finkelstein, whose mother was a holocaust survivor, writing in The Times about the return of anti-Semitism. If you are a subscriber to The Times or have registered to received a couple of free articles per week you can read the whole article here)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020