- Fast, reliable trains are vital, not just for boosting local growth, but for making communities attractive places to live and to start a business.
- We are investing £48 billion to upgrade our railways across the country – the largest improvement programme since the Victorian era.
- This week, the Transport Secretary presented Parliament with details of some of the schemes around the country that will benefit from the investment.
- Conservatives will ensure no part of this country is left behind, and no business held back, because of poor infrastructure.
- We will level up opportunities, renewing the ties that bind our communities together while working to reduce carbon emissions.
Saturday, October 19, 2019
Improving our railways
The Transport Secretary has announced details of some of the schemes that will benefit under the government’s £48 billion rail improvement programme, levelling up opportunities across the country.