On a first read through I noticed a number of distinguished Cumbrians were honoured
* Paul Foster who has just retired as head of Sellafield, has been awarded a CBE
* John Hudson, BAE Systems, has also been made a CBE
* Professor John Howarth, Deputy Chief Executive of the North Cumbria Integrated Care NHS Trust and visionary local health leader, has been made an MBE.
Congratulations to them and to all the people honoured.
In relation to this honours list as a whole,
- 789 (72%) of the recipients are people who have undertaken outstanding work in their communities either in a voluntary or paid capacity.
- 556 women are recognised in the List, representing 51% of the total
- 9.1% of the successful candidates come from a BAME background
- 11% of the successful candidates consider themselves to have a disability (under the Equality Act 2010)
- 3.3% of recipients identified as being LGBT+