No, I'm not a cricket professional.

I enjoy watching cricket but, unlike my good friend Arthur Lamb who so tragically passed away a few weeks ago, I'm not particularly good at it: my bowling and fielding are far worse than his batting was, and so is my batting.

So my daughter was rather surprised to find Google describing me as 

"a highly promising and tall right-arm bowler and right-handed batsman who played once for Middlesex in the Sunday League versus Hampshire at Lord's in 1975. He failed to take a wicket or score any runs as Middlesex slipped to defeat."

If you google the short form of my name, the panel which sometimes comes up on the right hand side displays my photograph and a link to this blog with the first few words for the Wikipedia entry for a recently deceased cricketer who shared my first and last names and middle initial.

I think some algorithm has mixed us up.

So no, I don't play cricket. 

So far, and d. v. may it remain so for a few years yet, I am very much alive.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020