Christopher Whiteside MBE is currently chairman of Whitehaven & Workington Conservatives. He writes this blog in a personal capacity. He previously stood for parliament in Copeland and Leeds NE. He has served as a County, City & District, Borough, Town and Parish councillor, and has also been a school governor and health authority member. He is currently an Egremont Town Councillor. He lives and works in the North of England, dividing his time between Cumbria and Yorkshire.
Comments
I am no racist person, but people dont seem to want "equality of opportunity", they seem to focus on "equality of outcome". I guess like socialists do really, they see the "Successful people" and think they should be taxed to high heaven, they dont see the 9/10 business ideas that failed and wiped out the investor.
There are serious threats to free speech at the moment - see the item I posted on Monday about the proposals to activate Section 40 of the Crime and Courts Act.