The Incredibles 2

This is mainly a political blog and I don't often do film reviews on it, but I will make an exception for "The Incredibles 2" which I went to see last night with members of my family.

Sequels to really great films are rarely in the  same league but we've had a few lately which were - "Jamanji - Welcome to the Jungle" was in my humble opinion even better than the original Jumanji film and "The Incredibles 2" is as funny and touching as the original.

Other than saying that it had my family and many of the rest of the audience killing ourselves with laughter I'm not going to say too much about the film. It starts almost exactly at the point where the first "The Incredibles" film ended 14 years ago and it isn't so much a superhero film as a story which examines, in a very funny way, issues of family life which affect almost all families, from the viewpoint of a family of superheroes.

It's a genuine family film by which I definitely do not mean it's a film mainly for kids - there are lots of jokes in there for mum and dad and a good chunk of the audience were adults. To start to list the real-life situations which are gently parodied in the film and which I recognise only too well from my own life experience as a son, husband or father would, I think, be a "spoiler" which gives too much away about the film, but let's just say there were a lot of them.

If you saw and enjoyed the first Incredibles film, you will enjoy the second one. I can strongly recommend it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020