Midweek music spot: Queen of the Night aria from Mozart's The Magic Flute

SPOILER ALERT

I had heard this piece of music sung on its own many times before I actually went to see the opera "The Magic Flute."
However, my German was not nearly good enough to have picked up what the Queen of the Night is actually saying in this area.

When I did go to see the opera and found out what the words mean, it was, as the author and composer intended, a pretty major shock.

 This very powerful performance has English subtitles. If you already know the story, or are are otherwise not worried about a "spoiler" telling you about a pretty major story development, I can recommend this performance.

If you are not already familiar with the plot of the story and might want to see it at some point in the future without advance knowledge, I would advise against watching the video clip.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020