Quote of the day 18th September 2019


Comments

Jim said…
I remember the second time I got caught smoking in school, behind the gym. Spent a week in lunch time detention with Mr Lewthwaite* Any way, I think by the end of the week I had written

"Wise people learn from their mistakes, fools do not" over 2000 times. Happy days, but it was a lesson well learned. I never did give up the smoking in school thing, too much profit in that, but i got very very good at not getting caught :)

Mr Lewthwaite as was then or now Ralph Lewthwaite does some very very interesting tours and talks about the history of Whitehaven, well worth attending if you ever can.

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020