Lockdown diary, day eight

Barely a week into severe restrictions of movement and suffering withdrawal symptoms, I want my life back.

Sadly it is going to be a while yet before that's possible.

Some experts are saying it might be six months before we can relax the lockdown: even that may be challenging.

When we get the promised test for antibodies which it is hoped will identify people who have had it, recovered from it and are now immune, it may be that we can start by exempting those people from the restrictions, presumably providing them with some kind of special ID.

Obviously when we reach that stage they will still have to be careful, e.g. keep up the practice of washing one's hands very regularly indeed, to avoid passing the disease to others.



It had to happen one day. After fifteen year of running this blog, during which time a fairly large number of supposedly witty anonymous posts have been put in the comments section, I finally had one which actually was funny enough to have me laughing out loud.

Following secretary of state Robert Jenrick's speech about the co-ordinating centres which included a reference to Gold commanders, someone put up  a comment on Sunday's post which referred to the inconsistent policy on sales of coffee,

Looks like an early intervention for the Gold Blend Commander."

 As there really was a quick change in the policy - I had to go back there for medicine the following day and found the coffee limit had been lifted - it was as if there really had been an early intervention.

Stay home. Protect the NHS. Save lives

Comments

Gary Bullivant said…
My recent audible chortle came from this anonymous comment under a recent article about Lord Sumption in The Times.

"I just phoned the police to tell them that two blokes were breaking into my shed. They said there was nothing they could do due to being short of staff. I said but they are not two metres apart. They are on the way now."

Which prompts me to ask if there is any word on the implementation of the crisis control structure in Cumbria yet?
Jim said…
That just made me laugh too
Chris Whiteside said…
I laughed out loud as well.

I just hope that the person who made the comment was making a joke - in which case it was a good one - and not reporting the facts.

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020