Thursday music spot: Steeleye Span perform "All Around My Hat" Live in 2016

Yesterday I posted an original 1960's recording of one of the favourite bands and lead singer of my youth, Judith Durham and The Seekers performing "The Carnival is Over."

Here's another favourite band and lead singer from my youth, Maddy Prier and Steeleye Span performing "All Around My Hat" but this one was a relatively recent recording from a live festival in 2016.

According to the comments on YouTube Maddy Prior would have been pushing seventy when she made that recording, and still enjoying her self and delivering the song with "all the original sassiness."

Or as I might have put it, "She's still got it."

Performers with massive egos may hog the headlines for a time, but it's the singers with the real  talent who are in it not for an ego trip but because they enjoy what they are doing who you remember decades later and are often still going strong!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020