Annual meeting of Cumbria County Council

Today's Cumbria County Council meeting essentially took up the entire day, with a pre-meeting first thing, the actual meeting starting at 10 am, and it lasted until shortly before 5pm with a short break for lunch.

All credit to Martin Barbour who lasted the whole meeting (not everyone did, although some of those who had to leave early had cast iron excuses such as hospital appointments) and then after the drive home joined Ged McGrath and Conservative candidates for Copeland Borough Council in Hillcrest for a spot of campaigning.

I'm going to write up some of the issues coming out of the meeting such as
  • Frizington Fire Engine
  • What is a "Vanity project"
However I will; say this evening that I would like to thank all those councillors who have sponsored me for Swimathon 2019.

Phil Dew, Neil Hughes, Andy Connell, Trevor Allison and Tony Markley all sponsored me today and their combined donations plus those previously paid in either directly to me or online took me past my fundraising target for the event in support of Marie Curie Cancer Care and Cancer Research UK.

I have incidentally had sponsorship for councillors of all the main political parties as well as work colleagues and other friends which shows that generosity is not something limited to any part of the political spectrum.

Not too late to sponsor me if anyone else reading this wishes to do so, and you can support the excellent work of Marie Curie Cancer Care and Cancer Research UK on my justgiving page here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020