Tim Brooke-Taylor RIP

Tim Brooke-Taylor OBE has died at the age of 79 after being diagnosed with COVID-19.

I will always remember him as one of the thee "Goodies" from the wacky comedy by that name from my childhood, which ran for a decade or so starting in 1970 starring Brooke-Taylor, Graeme Garden and Bill Oddie.

He also made contributions to a host of other TV and Radio comedy shows from "I'm sorry, I'll read that again" to "I'm sorry, I haven't a clue."

Fellow Goodie Graeme Garden said:

"I am terribly saddened by the loss of a dear colleague and close friend of over 50 years.

"Tim and I met at Cambridge University in the early 1960s and have enjoyed working together almost constantly from that time onwards, on radio, stage, and TV. "He was a funny, sociable, generous man who was a delight to work with. Audiences found him not only hilarious but also adorable."

He will be missed, and he will be remembered.

Rest in Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020