Quote of the day 11th November 2016

In which Bill Maher admits that leftists like himself were wrong to "cry wolf" by calling people like Bush, Romney and McCain "the end of the world" and admits

"They were honorable men who we disagreed with and we should have kept it that way."

He thinks that such accusations were right in the case of Donald J Trump: well, I suppose we are going to find out whether they were crying wolf again this time.



The full quote:

"I know you're young and idealistic so I've heard these young people out in the news and they say things like, 'Well, Donald Trump, I don't like him but Hillary, I can't vote for a liar.'
I mean, first of all it's just apples and oranges, and orange. But, kids, I've been doing this for 23 years on TV. I've seen a lot. I know politics. This is different. I promise you this will not make your life better. And also once fascists get power they don't give it up. You've got President Trump for life.

I know liberals made a big mistake because we attacked your boy Bush like he was the end of the world. And he wasn't. And Mitt Romney we attacked that way. I gave Obama a million dollars because I was so afraid of Mitt Romney. Mitt Romney wouldn't have changed my life that much or yours. Or John McCain.

They were honorable men who we disagreed with and we should have kept it that way. So we cried wolf and that was wrong. But this is real. This is going to be way different."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020