Labour leadership statement

The leader of the Labour party was challenged by Labour MPs today about comments he had made in 2012 on social media concerning a mural which was accused of being Anti-Semitic and which it was proposed to remove.

In response to today's questions from Labour MPs, Jeremy Corbyn issued a statement which included the following:
"I sincerely regret that I did not look more closely at the image I was commenting on, the contents of which are deeply disturbing and anti-Semitic.
"I am opposed to the production of anti-Semitic material of any kind, and the defence of free speech cannot be used as a justification for the promotion of anti-Semitism in any form."

"I wholeheartedly support its removal,"

More details are available here and here.

Should Jeremy Corbyn ever become Prime Minister I hope he looks more closely at the briefings he would be given as PM before acting on them than he now says he looked at this mural before commenting on it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020