Neil Hudson selected as Conservative candidate for Penrith & the Border

Congratulations to Neil Hudson, on the left in the photograph below taken while we were out campaigning in Shap for council candidate Sean Quinn in this Thursday's Eden District Council by-election, and who has been adopted as the Conservative candidate to be MP for Penrith and the Border.




(Above left to right: Neil Hudson, myself, my wife Brigid, Penrith and the Border Conservative chairman Cllr Helen Fearon)


Following his selection, Neil said:

“The issues facing rural communities are of particular concern to me. “Penrith and the Border is a vast and sparsely populated constituency.

"Communities need effective linkages and I will champion these issues including improving road access and conditions like the A66, improving train links, protecting rural bus services from Lib Dem/Labour Council cuts and improving digital connectivity.

“I will fight to protect services vital to rural areas such as post offices, banking services and telephone boxes. "I will stand up for constituents struggling to find a place on the housing ladder.

"I will do everything I can to boost the economy, whilst protecting our beautiful and fragile environment.

“The Conservative Party is the party of opportunity. I am passionate about the life chances of our young people and want to help a society where any child can achieve their dream no matter what their background.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020