Swimathon 2020 - provisional new date

Yesterday was supposed to be the day I swam 5,000 metres to raise money for cancer care as part of Swimathon 2020.

The organisers have pencilled in a new date for Swimathon 2020, and have written to me as follows:

They have added, quote "We will release the new session details as and when it is appropriate and possible to do so. Please note that this is unlikely to happen for a few months."


I think Michael Gove was right to say this weekend that none of us can be certain what the timescale is for the progression and defeat of the COVID-19 pandemic.

I would like to think the timescale will be such that 16-18 October will be a viable date for Swimathon 2020 and have put the date in my diary. Whenever the event does take place I will take part.

But I'm not betting my shirt on the pandemic being sufficiently out of the way by mid-October to allow events like this to take place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020