Saturday, December 19, 2015

Details of government support if your home has been flooded

The government is providing local authorities with Community Grants as part of the Communities and Business Recovery Scheme.
This will be equivalent to up to £500 per household affected by flooding. It will help with recovery costs such as provision of temporary accommodation.
In Cumbria this will mean a fixed payment of £500 for a property that has been flooded. 
For those properties that already pay their council tax by Direct Debit the good news is that you don’t need to do anything! This payment will be paid directly into your bank account and the payment will show up as a payment from your local district council who are administrating the scheme.
If you do not pay your council tax by direct debit then please contact your local district council who will be happy to help you apply for the payment.
Allerdale Borough Council or call 01900 702 600
Carlisle City Council at or call 01228 817200 
Copeland Borough Council or call 01946 598300
Eden District Council or call 01768 817817
South Lakeland District Council or call 01539 733333
Barrow Borough Council or call 01229 876543
Source: Cumbria County Council

No comments: