Quote of the day 3rd December 2019

“I want rich people. The top one per cent pay 30 per cent of income tax – it’s a great thing. 

“I want rich people to pay loads of tax. I want them to be contributing to our society. I don’t want them driven out of Britain. 

“I don’t want anyone who is aspirational and starts their own business to be persecuted. It’s crazy stuff.” 

(Prime Minister Boris Johnson, making the point in a newspaper interview in the Express that the way to get most tax revenue for the NHS and schools from rich people is to have a progressive tax system which asks rich people to pay their fair share of tax without trying to take their whole fortunes away from them.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020