Has the Leave Alliance twitter account been hacked?

As I've previously written here, I have up to now regarded the Leave Alliance, who unlike the official Leave campaign actually had a rational plan called "Flexcit" for what they wanted to happen in the event of a Leave vote, as the responsible wing of the Leave moment.

So I don't know what's happened to their twitter account this evening. It's put out some really sick stuff.

The sort of thing that the kind of Remain supporters who believe all Leave supporters are evil, stupid, or both might imagine that the most unpleasant kind of Leave supporting person might think.

I suspect that the Leave Alliance twitter account may have been hacked. Either that or they've made the mistake of letting a particularly unpleasant teenager or someone who thinks like one run it.

If they've not been hacked, or otherwise disown what's been put out in their name, I will have to revise downwards my opinion of them.

Comments

Jim said…
Looks that way, or someone with the reigns is having a bit of a mental breakdown, though I have heard nothing to that regard.
Chris Whiteside said…
Quite.

Ironically today they retweeted a post which criticised the blue tick brigade on the left for putting out nasty stuff on social media - exactly the same sort of material which had come from their own account.

I suspect the grown-ups at the Leave Alliance have not noticed what was being said in their name.

(I use the term grown-up to mean a person of whatever age who acts like one.)

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020