Lockdown diary: Day 34

Today was a stressful day and very busy day which is why neither my "quote of the day" nor anything else was posted until after 9pm.

I spent a very large proportion of the day on conference calls.

Two of those calls would normally have been physical meetings, one of them in Kendal. I strongly agreed with the colleague who said that he hoped we would sometimes keep on with having conference calls after the COVID-19 pandemic for at least some of these meetings rather than drive from all over Cumbria to Kendal, at considerable expense in both time and (public) money.

Today was also the sort of day when lots of the computer and IT system one depends on both for work and to do council business were playing up. I thought that after nearly three years and three previous computers I finally had a County Council computer that worked, but it let me down today.

In the evening I discovered a rich vein of new parody songs on YouTube which adapt various well known songs with words adapted for COVID-19. I shall probably post some of the best of them on here as music spots, when I've decided if any are both good and not too far off-message.

Keep Well

Stay home: protect the NHS; save lives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020