Lockdown diary - day 27, Low Sunday

Today is Low Sunday, which is the Sunday after Easter, so called because the attendance at church usually appears, and often actually is, low compared with Easter Sunday the previous week.

But it's not usually zero as it was today. (Of course, attendance was zero last week too.)

My wife and I read a passage of the bible together: it seemed appropriate for the week after Easter to read the story of the encounter on the road to Emmaus (Luke, Chapter 24, verses 13 to 25) which in the bible takes place shortly after the resurrection.

I can think of a few other comments I could make based on the nickname of the present date in the church's calendar but I don't think I'll bother.

Mainly because it would take me down to the same level as the people I'd be shooting at.

Keep well.

Stay home: Support the NHS; Save lives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020