Lockdown diary: day 28

Four weeks into the lockdown

Public patience and co-operation holding up remarkably well.

140,000 UK companies applied for the Coronavirus job protection scheme on the first day, applications which will protect eh jobs of over a million workers.

Not a good day for me: I've had a nasty cold (though it's definitely not COVID-19, the symptoms are completely wrong) and have been struggling to cope with the effects on my computer of trying to open a very large file when I already had another one open. Had to reboot it half a dozen times. Then an intermittent fault in my connection reappeared.

In the great scheme of things many people have much worse problems at the moment.

Keep well

Stay home; protect the NHS; save lives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020