eCards

I notice that in the past few days my spam filters have blocked a number of e-cards. Usually the message header says something like "You've received an ecard from a friend."

I don't usually even see such messages: the spam filters stop most of them. But I only open those I do see if I know exactly who a message is from. Otherwise I have to assume that they are part of the huge tide of unsolicited and worthless email sent to me every day, along with the adverts for non-existent jobs, non-existent loans, dates, drugs, software, body modifications, etc. I also have to assume that opening them would risk infecting my computer with a virus.

So in the unlikely event that anyone I actually know has sent me a real ecard and is wondering why I have not replied, apologies but I probably have not even seen it.

Should anyone wish to send me a real ecard, please make sure that the message says who it is from, or that I know it is coming and can identify it.

And if you are receiving ecards, check carefully before you open them!

Comments

Nexii Malthus said…
Hey, I work at eCards.co.uk, I assure you that the eCards from here are all ok and have been virus-checked, the ecards on the site are all flash animated. So you don't need to worry if you get an ecard sent by our site.

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020