Swimathon 2022 completed

I did manage to complete the Swimathon 5,000 challenge yesterday by swimming 200 lengths of Copeland Pool in two hours, nine minutes and ten seconds.

This was to raise money for two excellent causes: Cancer Research UK and Marie Curie Cancer Care.

A huge thank-you to all the generous souls who have sponsored me or promised to do so - at the timer of writing there have been online sponsorship donations of £250 via my Justgiving page which the government will supplement with at least £25 of gift aid: three people have also promised to sponsor me when they next see me which should take the amount raised to help people living with cancer past £300.

Here is a picture of my Swimathon 2022 swimming cap and the medal I was awarded for completing the 5,000m challenge.












And here is the link to my Justgiving page: if any more kind souls would like to sponsor me and support these great causes I would be most grateful.

Link to my Justgiving page: click here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020