Quote of the day 26th April 2015


Comments

Jim said…
Where as I would nip to a-plant and hire a chainsaw.
Chris Whiteside said…
I'm sure there must be a witty way of saying that they didn't have too many chainsaws for sale in Abraham Lincoln's time. Though that would certainly be the way to go today.
Jim said…
it does not matter, Lincoln is saying use the right tool to do the job, even if that takes some of the time allocated to do the job, or even most of it. I am simply saying that if i was tasked to cut down a tree, then i would do the same, and would do so in less than an hour, saving the taxpayer money.
Jim said…
i guess what i mean is, I would not lie in bet for the first 2, then spend another 2 doing the paper work, then get a chain saw, and do the job in 4 minutes.
Chris Whiteside said…
I think you are saying something similar to Abraham Lincoln's point, though what I thought he was getting at is that good preparations are often one of the most important parts of getting a job done.

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020