Swimathon 2015

This weekend is Swimathon 2015 weekend, and on Sunday (Sunday 19th April) my son and I will be taking part in the Swimathon in aid of Marie Curie Cancer Care.

I first took part in the Swimathon twenty-one years ago in 1994 so this will be the 22nd consecutive year I have swum the 5,000 metre challenge. My thirteen-year old son John is joining me and taking part in the Swimathon for the third time: he will be swimming the 2,500 metre challenge.
 
The Swimathon is Britain’s largest charity swim, and gives people of very varied swimming abilities an opportunity to raise money for charity by swimming distances of up to 5,000 metres.  This year's Swimathon event is in aid of Marie Curie Cancer Care, who look after 40,000 terminally ill people.
 
A big thank you to those who have already sponsored either me, or my son John. It is possible to sponsor swimmers online: If you would be kind enough to sponsor me, and would like to use the online facility, you can do so at the following sponsorship page URL:

My giving page

http://my.swimathon.org/sponsor/chriswhiteside1

My son's giving page

http://my.swimathon.org/sponsor/Johnwhiteside1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020