Music for Good Friday

During the election period I have been posting relaxing classics at 9pm.

We will not be campaigning on Good Friday, but I thought I would post an appropriate piece of music anyway, and here is Greene's masterpiece, "Lord, Let me know mine end" which is about the human condition and about mortality.

I have heard the rhythmic, almost metronomic bass accompaniment described at being like a clock ticking as man's time passes, or as representing "man walking" particularly for lines like "for man walketh in a vain shadow."

A sombre piece for a sombre day, but incredibly moving ...



And by the way, SUPPORT OPTION ONE.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020