Swimathon 2015

We have now arrived back home after completing the Swimathon earlier today.

Fairly exhausted but no peace for the wicked: campaigning and various other activities start again tomorrow.

I managed to swim 200 lengths of a 25 metre pool in a little less than two hours.

If I heard the timekeeper correctly (which I would not swear to as I was exhausted and my ears were full of water) the precise time was one hour 50 minutes and 17 seconds.

My son had some technical difficulties (goggles broke) but still managed 54 lengths which is well over a kilometre, so I am very proud of him.

A very big thank you indeed to those generous people who have already sponsored my son, myself, or both: they include people on both sides of the political spectrum and people who are not involved in politics at all such as work colleagues and people who I know through charitable and social organisations.

I do think it says something very positive about the good side of the British political system, and the people involved in it, that even in the middle of a hotly contested election I found that both my political friends and foes, and non-political people who are probably wishing the election was over, came together to support my son and myself in our attempt to raise money for people with terminal illnesses. I really appreciate this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020