Music to relax after campaigning: Andante from the Water Music

Every evening at 9pm during the election period (e.g. at about the time people get in from campaigning) I will post a link to a Youtube clip of one of my favourite pieces of music which tired canvassers might wish to listen to while they relax to and unwind.

I hope I am not tempting fate by picking one of my two favourite pieces from Handel's Water Music - here in Copeland we had already had quite enough rain while out campaigning in the last few weeks to last us for the entire election. (Though the past few days have been quite good.) But the Andante, piece IX from Suite number 1 of the Water Music, is just too good to resist.

I may, however, have to find an alternative recording with a conductor who knows what the word "Andante" means. It's otherwise excellent, but whoever conducted this one appears to think the piece is called "Allegro" or "Presto!"

("Andante" means at moderate speed. "Allegro" means fast and "Presto" means very fast.)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020