Saturday mustic spot: "Turn Back O Man" by Gustav Holst

Most of the choral works which I know were learned while preparing to first perform them as a treble and usually then re-learned as a tenor. Most of them I have also heard as part of an audience.

There are also some choral works which I learned as a tenor and have then heard performed.

I think that Holst's "Turn back O man" was - until I dug it up on YouTube in order to make this post - must be one of  very few pieces which I had learned and sung as a tenor but never actually heard performed.

And the interesting thing is how different parts of it sound when you are listening to the performance as a whole rather than concentrating on getting one's own contribution right.

Still a beautiful piece though!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020